Tour Name : Explore Nepal Tour
Duration : 07 Nights 08 days
Destination :Kathmandu, Nagarkot, Chitwan
Chitwan National Park is one of the premier drawcards in Nepal, and there was little damage to areas visited by tourists in the 2015 earthquake. The World Heritage–listed reserve protects over 932 sq km of forests, marshland and rippling grassland, and is home to sizeable wildlife populations. It’s little wonder this place is so popular.
Meaning ‘Heart of the Jungle’, Chitwan is famous as one of the best wildlife-viewing national parks in Asia, and you’ll have an excellent chance of spotting one-horned rhinos, deer, monkeys and up to 544 species of birds. If you’re extremely lucky, you’ll see leopards, wild elephants and sloth bears – though it’s the once-in-a-lifetime chance to spot a majestic royal Bengal tiger that attracts people in their droves.
Sadly, Chitwan lost many animals during the decade-long Maoist insurgency, when the army were preoccupied with the conflict and unable to provide adequate protection from poachers. However, the good news is that recent census figures show rhino numbers are substantially recovering (503 individuals in 2011) and tiger numbers are steadily increasing (around 120 adults in 2013).
The best option for experiencing Chitwan National Park is to stay in one of the luxury lodges located on the edge of the park away from the crowds at Sauraha. The government stopped the luxury lodges from operating inside the park in 2012. Most of these lodges have developed alternative lodges just outside the national park boundaries. Though this experience doesn’t come cheaply, the sense of adventure, less crowding and access to more remote parts of the park make it very worthwhile.
That said, most budget travellers opt for the more affordable lodging in Sauraha, a tourist village on the northern bank of the Rapti River, a border of the park. Sauraha has a lively backpacker scene, and while many enjoy its social nature – it's a great place to have a beer watching the sunset over the river – others are let down by its insensitive and overly commercial development.
Two whole days in the park is really the minimum for wildlife spotting. The nature of dense jungle, tall grass and the nocturnal hours kept by many animals are all factors that make spotting animals far from guaranteed. A good approach is to treat wildlife viewing as one would the pastime of fishing: some days you’ll get plenty of bites, others not a nibble. Irrespective, it’s all about the thrill of the chase and being out and about in tiger and rhino country. Be aware that the popular four-day, three-night packages out of Kathmandu and Pokhara include a day of travel at either end.
- Traditional welcome on arrival.
- All arrival and departure transfer on PVT basis on A/C Vehicle.
- 04 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing on CPAI.
- 01 Night accommodation in Nagarkot on twin sharing on CPAI.
- 02 Nights accommodation in Chitwan on twin sharing on APAI.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Nagarkot Hill station our for sunrise over Himalayas en-route Bhaktapur sightseeing
- Chitwan activities: Elephant back safari,Canoe ride in Rapti river, Tharu village tour, Tharu cultural dance, Elephant breeding center, Bird watching and Nature walk.
- Manokamana cable car tickets.
- 1 fare well dinner with cultural show.
- All transfer and sightseeing on PVT basis by A/C Vehicle.
- All applicable hotel taxes.
07 Nights 08 days Kathmandu, Nagarkot, Chitwan
- Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu Upon arrival at Kathmandu International airport. Meet & traditional welcome assistance by our representative & gettransferred to hotel. Welcome drink followed by tour briefing. Rest of the day is free for personal activities. Overnight at Kathmandu.
- Day 2 Kathmandu Ightseeing And Drive Kathmandu - Nagarkot : Breakfast & proceed for the half-day sightseeing tour to Kathmandu valley covering Pashupatinath temple- holiest and oldest Hindu temple, Boudhanath stupa- one of the biggest stupa of the world. After sightseeing, drive for Nagarkot. En –route visit Bhaktapur Durbar square- the finest durbar square of the valley where one can visit golden gate, Palace of 55 windows, Nyatapole temple etc. Finally arrive Nagarkot and check into the hotel. Evening enjoy splendid view of eastern Himalaya with sunset. Overnight at Nagarkot.
- Day 3 Panoramic View Of Sunrise Over Himalayas Early Morning And Drive To Kathmunndu En-Route Bhaktaour Durbar Square : Walk up early morning to catch the view of Himalayas including Mt Everest- the highest peak in the world at sunrise from your room . Breakfast and drive to Kathmandu en-route Bhaktapur Durbar sightseeing. Then after, transfer to Kathmandu hotel. Check into hotel. Free time to explore as own.Overnight at Kathmandu.
- Day 4 Drive Kathmandu - Chitawan : After breakfast & drive to Chitwan National Park. (186 KM /5 hours) . Chitwan is one of the Asia's premier wildlife reserves and extends in 360 square miles of tall grasslands and habitants of wide variety of mammals and birds, including several endangered species. On arrival check into the Resort / jungle lodge followed by welcome drink and briefing about the jungle activities. Lunch and proceed for jungle activities. Dinner and overnight will be at jungle lodge /resort.
- Day 5 Jungle Safari Activities : Breakfast & proceed for jungle safari on Elephant back where you can get chance to experience an amazing wildlife. If you are lucky enough then can see different kinds of deer, rhinoceros, wild boar, leopard, monkeys, birds including endangered species. After elephant back safari tour proceed for canoeing in Rapti River or Bhudi Rapti where one can see two types of crocodiles, the Gharial and Mugger basking on the river bank. Visit elephant breeding farm &Also experience walking through the typical Tharu Village in the late afternoon .in the evening, enjoy Native folk tharu dances of the Terais. Back to the lodge/resort.Dinner & overnight at the jungle resort / lodge.
- Day 6 Drive Chitwan –Manokamana - Kathmandu : Breakfast, drive back to Kathmandu. On the way, visit the Manakamna Temple. Manokamana is believed to be a temple of goddess who fulfill the wisheswhere you are taken by a cable ride of 8 mins.Get back to highway and continuous drive to Kathmandu. After checking into the hotel. Get refresh and be ready for farewell dinner with cultural in the evening at the Nepali restaurant & overnight.
- Day 7 Kathmandu Sightseeing : Breakfast, proceed for sightseeing of Kathmandu durbar squareis the historic seat of city. The Durbar Square, with its old temples and places, epitomizes the religious and cultural life of the people. It is here that Kings of Nepal are crowned and their coronations solemnized. Interesting things to seek here are; Living goddess Kumari, Taleju Temple built by King Mahendra Malla in 1549 A.D., Kal Bhairav, the God of destruction, Nautalle Durbar, Coronation Nasal Chowk, the Gaddi Baithak, the statue of King Pratap Malla, the Big Bell, Drum and the Jagannath Temple and Bhudhanil Kantha Temple - worship a god Lord Vishnu(Jal Narayan). Afternoon at leisure.Evening cultural show with dinner.Overnight at hotel.
- Day 8 Final Departure From Kathmandu : Breakfast & check out from hotel. Timely transfer to the airport for flight to your onward destination with sweet memories of Nepal.